Sunday 30 January 2011

I have an interest in teaching and working with learning disabled children and since my old school has children with varied abilities. I emailed my old art teacher Zoe who is the head of the art department to enquire about supporting and teaching in her classes.

Hi Zoe hope you are ok? I have started my second year at uni and we have been asked if we could find volunteer work or just general work experience in the area we want to focus in, I am interested in teaching or working with children with learning difficulties. I was just wondering if there is any chance of me coming back to school to do some work shops with some of your students or just generally to help out in any of your classes. I would be very grateful if you could help out. Thanks

Hi Leanne,
Sorry for the slow reply. I don't check Facebook everyday!
Lovely to hear from you! I would love you to come in! I have a particular yr 9 group that need a lot of support due to special needs. They are a gorgeous group! Let me speak to the Head and get his permission and then maybe you could come in and we could have a chat about where to go from there. I would be happy for you to do workshops or support or even both. When can you do the placement? How long for? Any particular days?
Looking forward to hearing from you. I will speak to the Head on Monday and let you know. I'm sure there won't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment