Wednesday 30 June 2010



Dryden Goodwin





I came across Dryden Goodwin's work while watching the band Aqualung's video for the song 'Strange and Beautiful' I think the video for this song is amazing i love the way that he uses stop motion to create a series of line drawings of the singer. I love the way the way that all the little lines blur together and change to create different facial expressions. I think that Goodwin's drawings are very delicate and soft. I like that in his work he uses lines to describe detailing in the peoples portraits, Goodwin doesn't use any tonal qualities within his drawings, i like how he creates character and expression to peoples faces within his work.
I think when i am drawing i could think about the drawing techniques that he uses, maybe i could do linear lines to get the effect of the subject matter i am drawing.






No comments:

Post a Comment