Monday 23 August 2010

Experiments Using Bleach.

After looking at the artist Maria Mochnacz's work, I felt inspired to experiment with some spare photographs I had left from the pack of preliminary studies developed in the summer. I thought this would be a good chance to experiment with different things so I thought I would experiment with bleach, for these images I used a house hold thick bleach and cream cleaner to get the effects that I created, I used different techniques such as: dripping, scratching, rubbing and washing. I felt the most successful ones were the scratched ones because when I scratched hard into the photograph, different colours started to appear such as: deep oranges, purple, light pink and blue. I felt this worked well on the image I had taken of the detailing of a tree. I scratched again and then poured bleach over the top, this made the photographs feel heavy, which made the bleach run. When this happened I noticed the colours started to run into each other creating further colours,
which I think looked quite exciting. My other experiment that worked very well was a photograph of a butterfly, but this time I used a dripping technique. For this I stood up from a distance and then using a big brush dripped bleach over the butter fly then scratched out some detailing out of the background. I think that sometimes the bleach was a bit heavy and took out some area's of my photographs which was something i wasn't keen on, I think if I was to experiment more with different photographs i maybe be able to get a lot more different textures and details.



No comments:

Post a Comment