Wednesday 4 August 2010




Matthew Williamson


Just been looking through Matthew Williamson's website to look at his lookbook for summer '10, Autumn'10 and Winter'10 and i love his style of geometric style within some of his dress designs i enjoy that he subtle colours and also uses flashes of colours in other pieces of his dress designs.I like that for his autumn look his designs have a slight hint of metallic to them and the small detailing reminds me of Pollock's work with his paint effects he uses. For his spring collection again colour is a strong point within in Williamson's designs I love that he uses a watercolour effect with his day dresses personal i think they look very pretty and unique.I also like that for inspiration for his autumn, winter collection he got inspiration from the street artist Judith Supine to create his graffiti print style, which also can be seen through a focus on texture on the prints of the collections. I have chosen to discuss his work on my blog because this is something that related to my own inspiration through my own work i have been gathering primary research based on Urban surroundings and city Graffiti. I have found that his work has given me something i could think about within my own work and how i could develop my development work further.

No comments:

Post a Comment