Tuesday 17 August 2010


Experimental Photoshop Work.



These are two experimental pieces I did on Photoshop, that are based on the techniques of the artist Dan Eldon.
I have tried to recreate similar techniques that he creates with his own collages. For this collage I have used my own photography that i have taken and layered it with acrylic paint I then also used old train tickets, i have also used old papers and textures. I then scanned my page into Photoshop, with this i cut out pieces of type from a newspaper i then made a random sentence saying 'Could make the world of difference' I did this because I have noticed on some graffiti around Manchester they have some meaning or political sense to them and since i decided to focus on Fauna & Floral I wanted to create something with some kind of meaning and to think of the other side of Fauna & Floral not being pretty & that flowers & wildlife are being destroyed that is why i came up with the saying to make people think of the effects of different surroundings.

This is my second example of my experimental Photoshop I have based on the idea of Urban Graffiti. To create these pieces I created layers of white acrylic paint, with masking tape & newspapers, to get the fading colour effect I used light washes of water colours I also used some of the findings such as bus tickets etc on my trip to Manchester, I then scanned my collage pieces in my sketchbook onto Photoshop. I repeated parts of pages of my sketchbook to create a layered worn look to my work, I then layered newspaper to create different layers of paper, which i think works well because it gives uneven effect. I have also used my own photography within my photo montage, To get this old discolouring effect i changed the settings of the levels I personal think the colours work well together I like how the discolouring effect of the sculpture complements the soft colours of the background, I have also experimented with the roses again to create an aging effect. I am happy with the way the roses have that faded feel that have been new layers added to the montage, I have also faded roses within the sculptor which i like because it gives a sense of mystery. I feel that I am pleased with this piece of development work that i have done, slowly i am starting to gain confidence to use different colours with my own work and i am happy that this technique worked the way i wanted it to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment