Tuesday 17 August 2010


Back to Basic Design.

For this piece i accidently went back to Basic design, in my sketchbook i have experimented with dripping techniques with different colours of watercolours, when i went to scan my pages of dripping effects my scanner crashed when it came up into Photoshop the colours and drips had turned black, at first I didn't think i could do anything more with what happened to my scanned page and i thought i would have to scan my work in again. But i thought maybe i could try and would work with my mistake and see what happens, So I started to develop different layers of the drips to create trees, I then started to think of Chinese art i like how the different layers looked like different ink marks. I then used the lasso tool on Photoshop and drew around a photograph of a butterfly I had taken after I then black out the detailing to blend in with my mark making I then placed different styled butterflies to blend in with the mark making. I am pleased with how this mistake worked and that i stuck at trying to make it work, I didn't think i would ever need to go back to Basic design but i have realised that everything goes back to the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment